Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Let's get drunk...

Here I go blogging again.

I haven't updated this for 2 days for I have been too busy. I enjoyed Sunday for I was just at home. I did not go anywhere else for I don't have money and am not in the mood of going somewhere. Anyhow, I still enjoyed it. I miss being a homebody, you don't have to think for anything, to consider things that are work related and to force yourself waking up early in the morning. I was able to do homey things such as cooking, playing with my nieces and nephews and a lot more that I have admittedly missed. I guess that day was not enough for me to feel the real homey feeling I am longing.

This is the 7th day of the 1st -ber month and yet I still don't feel christmas. Usually before, houses near ours are being decorated at this very early time of the season. I guess that tradition our neighboors are practicing changed since last year when a cruel typhoon hit our place. It is still fresh in their minds, the destructions, the deaths, the aftermaths and the sudden change that typhoon brought our place. It was a horrible experience noone will ever forget. The typhoon that almost killed our loved ones and destroyed our properties have changed each and everyone's lives. Who would have thought that a normal Saturday will reveal it's wrath in an unexplainable way? Who would have believed that a typical rainy season will bring fatality rate in a formidable manner? Honestly speaking I was not able to feel the direct violence of typhoon Ondoy as I am not in our house that time, I was boarding near La Salle Manila and I was on the 5th floor. I was sleeping when I received a phone call informing me about the flood. It broke my heart knowing that they suffered from that unexpected violence. When I reached our house, I witnessed the fierce of Ondoy, our house was full of mud and chairs were everywhere. Jinky (+), our dog, spent the rest of her night on top of our roof together with my Uncle. When she saw me, she wiggled her tail and started to cry. She was like narrating what she have experienced for the whole night. I can see her sufferings through the traces of the mud that covered half of her body. You will still see traces of typhoon Ondoy in our house. I hope everyone have learned from that experience that no matter how rich or poor you are if it's of the wrath of nature that is attacking you, you better be prepared. Save the lives first before your properties.

I guess I may have posted this reminscing blog too early. But who knows- knock on wood- all we need to do is to be prepared. I am still looking forward that this will be a better christmas for me, my family and for everybody.

___________________________________________________

Today is the natal day of my cousin's spouse and as expected celebration follows. Beers will flood our stomachs and will drive us to bed. Wish they prepared my requested finger food- Tokwa't baboy (Tofu and Pork). I will not drink hard as I have to go to work tomorrow. As I have promised to myself, work is still my priority.

Wishing for a better tomorrow.

Animo Marcus!








This is how it looks like during Ondoy.

















No comments:

Post a Comment